Monday, February 21, 2011

Fishing Trip

   It was a cold and grey day, the smell of snow in the air. The traffic was light, for a Saturday afternoon. My tummy was full after a late breakfast of sausage gravy and biscuits. The coffee hot and good.
   After a 50 minute drive we arrive at our destination,Pets mart. Now to look for a parking place ,semi close, so mom and I don't  slip and slide our way across the parking lot,(ICE!) After only 3 spins around the lot , we find a handicap spot, it's OK mom has handi plates on her car. So we gather keys, money and sweaters and away we go.
     Enter the store and head to the bathroom, We are women on a mission, and don't want to have to stop half way through our shopping to go to the girls room. So with that out of the way we make the decision not to get a cart ,we are only there for a few fish , for our newly set up tank. I have had the tank for about 4 years now without any fish in it. After we let our  goldfish go in our pond after the spring thaw . I emptied the tank and just let it sit. Time to put it back in use, so it has clean water and new filters. The only thing missing was the fish.
   So here we were to get fish. We breeze past the lady with the tiny yapping dog in a cart. 2 kids , where were their parents? And we make it to the fish section. Holy Air Bubbles Batman, there are tanks everywhere and there we stood with our mouths gaped open like fish out of water. There were more colors then I knew existed. Sliver fish , red, blue, purple, turquoise fish. there were colors that I still don't know what to say what color it was. There were Big fish, little fish, fat fish, skinny fish. You get what I am saying here? Man oh Man , PAID DAY.
  We walked over to the tanks and just looked in awe. We walked from one tank to the next , taking mental notes on which ones we wanted. 1 hour later and total over load , we regrouped and left the store and went next door for a coffee. We needed to let our eyes recoup from the color overload.Did you see this one, or that one? I want 2 of these and 4 of those and on and on, and me with note pad writing it all down and well after I had to stop because of writers cramp . I counted the fish that we wanted to buy , came to a grant total of 83. Now I have a big tank, 40 gallons. But that is not big enough for 83 fish. So after rethinking we decided on getting just 12 for now. 6 apiece.
   Back to Pets mart we go. Still we nix the cart . We can carry 6 fish apiece. Back to the tanks,we kept our mouths from flopping open. " Can I help you? " Mom headed one way , me the other.45 minutes later we are on our way back to home.
  We are now the proud owners of 12 male Guppies, 4 female Guppies, 3 Glofish, 4 Sunburst, 5 Neon's , Oh and 1 catfish named Martin.
   Moral of the story, Have a plan and stick to it.

So till my next talking , Peace and happiness.

3 comments: